A Simple Guide to What Goes Wrong with Your Appliances
We depend on our appliances to make our lives easier. But when they break down, it can be a major inconvenience. Appliance problems are one of the most common reasons people call repair services.
Before you pick up the phone and schedule an appliance repair, it helps to understand what might be wrong and how much it will cost to fix, says the crew over at Appliance Repair Saint Petersburg FL. Below is a list of the most common appliance problems and repairs.
- The fridge is leaking water. The most common refrigerator problem is a leak. If you notice water pooling on the floor in front of your fridge, check the seal around the door to see if it’s loose or cracked. If the seal is intact, the problem could be with the defrost drain. This is a small hole in the back of the fridge that drains water from the melting ice. The hole can become clogged with food debris, causing water to back up and leak out. To clean the defrost drain, unplug the fridge and remove the drain cover. Use a small wire brush to clear any debris.
- The fridge isn’t cooling properly.
- The freezer isn’t working properly.
- Fridge repair cost: $100-$200
- Dishwasher Problems:
- The dishwasher doesn’t start. If your dishwasher doesn’t start, the first thing to check is the power supply. Ensure the dishwasher is plugged into an outlet and that the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. If the dishwasher is hardwired, check the fuse.
- The dishwasher leaves spots on dishes.
- The dishwasher doesn’t fill with water.
- Water is leaking from the dishwasher.
- Oven/Range Problems:
- The oven doesn’t heat up. The first thing to check if your oven isn’t heating up is the fuse. If the fuse is blown, replace it with a new one of the same amperage. If the oven still doesn’t heat up, the problem could be with the heating element.
- The stovetop burner doesn’t work.
- An element is broken on the stovetop.
- The oven light is out.
- Washer Problems:
- The washer doesn’t start. If your washer doesn’t start, the first thing to check is the power supply. Ensure the washer is plugged into an outlet and that the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. If the washer is hardwired, check the fuse.
- Water is leaking from the washer.
- The washer doesn’t fill with water.
- The washer doesn’t spin or drain properly.
- Dryer Problems:
- The dryer doesn’t start. If your dryer doesn’t start, the first thing to check is the power supply. Make sure the dryer is plugged into an outlet and that the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. If the dryer is hardwired, check the fuse.
- The dryer is noisy.
- The dryer doesn’t heat up.
- Clothing is coming out wet.
While appliance problems can be a major inconvenience, they don’t have to be a nightmare. With a little knowledge and the help of a professional, you can get your appliances up and running in no time.
Also, always consult your appliance’s owner’s manual for troubleshooting tips specific to your model. Call a professional appliance repair service if you are unsure of how to proceed or if the problem persists.
Cape Coral Appliance Repair is a service company that provides repair and maintenance services for all major appliances. We have been in business in so many years and have serviced over 10,000 appliances. We have a team of experienced and certified technicians who are available 24/7 to provide you with the best appliance repair services.
We can make sure that your appliances are running smoothly and efficiently. We also offer a wide range of appliance repair services such as refrigerator repair, oven repair, dishwasher repair, dryer repair, washing machine repair, and much more.
We pride ourselves on our quality service and our commitment to customer satisfaction. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services. We offer same-day service, and we can usually schedule an appointment within 24 hours of your call.
Our company specializes in appliance repair and provides top-quality appliance repair services. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in repairing all major brands of appliances.
We understand that appliance problems can be a pain, and we are here to help. Below is a list of the most common appliance problems that we see. We can assure you that we will do our best to get your appliance up and running again in no time. If you are having any of these issues, give us a call and we will be happy to help.